DIY Solutions for Shower Mold
White vinegar is very effective at killing shower mold
Mold Growth in Your Shower
Bathrooms are a prime location for mold growth because of the high levels of humidity and the potential for standing water. Happily, it's easy enough to get rid of visible shower mold with a few cleaning supplies you may already have on hand. Just remember these situations that require professional black mold remediation services:
- There's evidence of extensive mold, beyond a limited area within a foot or so.
- You can't pinpoint the source of moisture.
- You can smell it, but you can't find it.
- The mold has affected porous and non-porous surfaces.
- You're worried about the air quality in your home.
If none of these things apply to your situation, try using one of the following in your own home.
1. Non-Diluted Vinegar Spray
White vinegar is very effective at killing shower mold. Pour some straight into a spray bottle. Don't dilute it with water. Spray the vinegar onto the surface and then leave it. Within a couple of hours, the vinegar smell should be gone. This non-toxic cleaner is safe for homes with children and pets.
2. Borax Solution Spray
This natural fungicide and insecticide is found in many laundry rooms across Dahlonega, GA. One cup of borax and a gallon of water in a spray bottle can get rid of existing moldy spots and prevent new growth in the future. Don't allow pets or children to ingest this spray, but you can be comfortable that it doesn't have toxic fumes.
3. Baking Soda Paste
Simply mix enough baking soda and water to create a paste to use as a scrub that targets tough mold spots. You can also use borax to create this paste. If the spot in your shower requires more than a toothbrush for removal, you should contact a black mold removal professional.
Surfaces such as concrete, wood, and walls should be treated by Dahlonega, GA, professionals. Large areas of shower mold and stains that result from unknown causes should also be treated by experts. If you're not confident that your DIY efforts have solved the problem, contact an expert who can give you results you're comfortable with.
Understanding Mold: Spores, Toxicity, Development and Removal
Mold spores are microscopic and are carried on air currents and clothing
For most commercial property owners, the idea of mold growth in their buildings is their worst nightmare. The costs associated with the cleanup can be significant, which is anxiety-inducing enough, but the truth is that most people don’t understand mold; they only know it is bad for business. While it is not good to have, a mold infestation is manageable, especially when caught early, and your business can resume normal operations within a week, depending on the size of the colony. That being said, it does help to understand the nightmare so that you can conquer your anxiety and get back to business strategy.
1. Spores and Spread
As a fungus, mold colonies thrive in high humidity and moisture. However, even if your business is temperature controlled, spores are still present. The truth is that while not all spores will spurn colonies, they can never be wholly removed from a facility. They are microscopic and are carried on air currents and clothing. Therefore, while you can remove a colony from your business, do not believe the hype that a remediation service will eliminate all presence of mold.
There are several species of mold growth, and while some are toxic, the majority are not. This does not mean that you can or should handle mold carelessly. The fact is, there is no way to know whether a fungus is harmful or not without first having it tested.
Mold requires moisture. Therefore, high humidity or water damage can lead to the development of colonies. This can stem from broken pipes or even poor ventilation.
A mold remediation specialist in the Dahlonega, GA , area will likely go through several steps to ensure that your facility is put back in working order. They will contain the area and remove, discard or salvage every item in the contaminated area, eventually restoring your business.
Mold growth in your building can be a nerve-wracking experience, but it doesn't have to be. Yes, spores are a part of everyday life, but colonization can be dealt with by certified removal experts.